This Automotive Short and Open Finder car repair tool is designed to identify and trace wires or cables without damaging the insulation. You can also use it in checking for short circuit and locating open circuits and so on. Included in the set are Sender and a Receiver with a flexible thus, tracing wires made possible even inside bundles, conduits, behind panels, under carpets, upholstery, etc.
Easy to use by just connecting the transmitter in series with the circuit or wire under test, (i.e.: in place of a blown fuse, across a connector, in series with an open wire, a light bulb socket, etc.), and scanning the circuit/wire with the tracers flexible probe to find the trouble spot.
• Reciever probe is built of coiled steel, can be bent in order to reach wires in congested areas.
• Operates on DC voltages from 6 to 42 volts
• Internally protected against power surges and overloads
• 7″ flexible probe allows reaching of wires in congested places
• Transmitter and Receiver LEDs show open or short circuit conditions
• Adjustable sensitivity for all tracing situations
• No wire piercing required, non contact technology
• On/Off button
• Test button
• Probe length: 7″ flexible probe
• Tone/Off/Cont (Continuity) switch
• Tone/Cont (Continuity) LEDs
• Red and black test leads cable (61cm length, approximate)
• Receiver Dimensions: 38.5 x 4 x 2.3cm (H x W x D, approximate)
• Sender Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.6 x 2.1cm (H x W x D, approximate)
• DC Voltage: Operates from 6 to 42 volts
• 1 x Automotive Short and Open Finder Sender
• 1 x Automotive Short and Open Finder Reciever
• 1 x Carrying Pouch
• User Manual